Do you remember shopping store etiquette? Especially in regards to children? I do. I remember when parents used to keep their children in line and out of other peoples space when they went shopping. I was in Wholesale today with my son Alex and I was in the checkout line. Alex was already in a bad mood (He doesnt really care for shopping. especcially close to supper time) and some woman was behind me in line with a boy I judged to be around 10 or 11 years old. Alex is only 23 months old. This boy came right up to Alex (Who was seated in the cart) and started making faces at him from inches away from his face. Lets just say that Alex and I were both unimpressed. The mother softly said something like "come here", not that the child listened to his mother. And when he didnt listen she didnt do anything else. This child continued to follow us bugging Alex and I both until we were a couple meters away from the checkout and his mother, at which point she demanded that he come back to her. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?? I wish I would have said something to either the child or his mother. Something to her in regards to "Please keep your child in line. He is bothering us." and something to the child like "You know your mother called you over to her. I think you should listen to her." but I felt like to do so would be rude. Rude! Can you believe it?! When did things change? It used to be that the woman in question would feel embarassed and shamed and forcebly move her child back to her side. Or that at least the person being bothered would speak up, but now it seems like there is nothing wrong with letting your child(ren) run amok. I think from now on I will speak up to the parents of these children, rather then be driven crazy and have to rant not only to my husband, but on my blog.... AGH. I feel better now.
Let's try this again...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment