Friday, October 23, 2009

Books Books Books.

A few books I have read recently:

The Twilight Series (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn) by Stephenie Meyer:

These books are wonderful! My favorite books in the series are Twilight and Breaking Dawn. I bought Twilight around Xmas time last year and got so involved in the story I read it in a matter of days. I then went out and bought the second one which I also finished in days. Then the third and fourth ones. Also in days. I have re-read the series a few times already, and haven't fell out of love with the story or the characters yet. I was dissapointed in the movie though. Too much was changed.

The Mortal Instruments trilogy (City of bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass) by Cassandra Clare:


These books really pull you in. I could re-read this trilogy a few times a year I think. I bought City of Bones on a whim in a bookstore a while back, and I am sure glad I did. The plot of this trilogy is great and you really feel  like you know the characters in person. I leant the first book to my Mother in Law and she loved it. The one drawback to this trilogy is that I think these books are clearly geared towards girls.

My Boring Ass Life by Kevin Smith:

I wont deny that I think Kevin smith is a comic genius. From Clerks to Zack and Miri Make a Porno Kevin Smith has kept me lauging over and over again. I listen religiously to SModcast on my Ipod. I loved this book. Not only is it a diary of someone I greatly admire and respect, it also chronicles the making of one of my favorite movies "Catch and Release". I reccomend this book for anyone who enjoys Kevin Smith's movies or SModcast. If profanity offends you, this book is not for you.

Silent Bob Speaks by Kevin Smith:

Again, Kevin Smith made me ROTFLMAO. Excellent book. A hillarious collection of writings. I could prolly listen to KS all day long. Oh wait... I have. (when I first found out about SModcast I put ALL of the eppisodes up until that point on my Ipod and listened to all of them. For days. And nothing else. And Im telling you, it was worth it. I laughed sooo hard for soooo long. I recently put them ALL on my Ipod again to listen to them all again. Almost done. Cant wait for a new eppisode...

I have list of books that I will be reading. They will prolly take a a while...

TO READ:

Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay:

I am already most of the way through this book, and I have to say that I love it. I have laughed. I have cried. and I cant wait to see what happens next. This book has some beautiful moments in it. You really fall in love with the characters and you want to help them in their quest. The plot is amazing. I cant wait to finish this book so I can re-read it again.
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy By J.R.R. Tolkien:
I have to confess that I am one of those people who hasnt read the LOTR trilogy yet. I have, however, seen the movies and loved them. I want to read the books to get the story the way Tolkien wrote it.

The Fionavar Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay:


Rob recommended this book to me (he also recommended Tigana) and I look forward to reading it. Since I am loving Tigana I am sure that I will also love The Fionavar Tapestry as well.
If anyone wants to suggest a book to read let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment